1 par-baked 22 cm shortcrust tart shell - frozen pastry will be fine
1 bunch broccolini, cut into cut into 4 segments each( or use 1 head broccoli cut into florets)
220 grams bacon (can use less)
250 grams brie, cut into small wedges
1 cup cream (or milk)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- prepare the tart shell
- heat a pot of boiling salted water and cook broccolini for 4 minutes (broccoli 3 minutes) then drain well
- dice bacon and place in a cold pan. Gradually heat the pan to allow the fat to run and continue until cooked through but not crisp. Drain well on paper towel.
- to prepare filling, beat the eggs lightly and combine with the cream and the seasoning.
- to assemble the tart, scatter the broccolini segments, bacon, brie wedges evenly over the base of the tart shell.
- pour eggs mixture over the filling. it is easier to add the last of the filling when the tart is in the oven.
bake in a 200C oven until the filling is almost set 20 - 25 minutes
-it will complete its cooking as it sits